Monday, February 28, 2011

Saying goodbye in California

Moving away is the gift that just keeps on giving...
Saying goodbye at work.
Saying goodbye at Purrfect Pals.
Now I'm headed to California to say goodbye to five siblings, my 85 year-old father and my stepmother. Is there an RCW on how many tissues one person can go through in a week?

But other things are moving along:
The moving estimator dude came today to figure out the sizes of my two shipments. Fortunately the medium-sized pile which will arrive via plane is underweight which means I can load on more stuff. And the big pile that will take the slow boat to post (and I hope to see before Halloween) is waaaay underweight, so I'm walking through the house sizing things up, "Hmmm.... bulky AND useful - I'll take it!"  Tim had better keep me away from the couch and fridge, 'cause they'd fit juuuuuust right in my shipping container.

Meanwhile, the Federal government is threatening to shut down and nobody knows how that will affect us trainees. Does that mean that we just hang out in our hotel apartments? Wouldn't be too bad, do some collegial bonding and all, but not so cool if our per diem also goes on furlough. Each person I talk to - on the rare occasions that I get a live person on the phone - is honestly puzzled about what will happen.

As with everything else in life - only time will tell.

G'night for now,

1 comment:

  1. I am going to publicly THANK YOU for all the help and support you have given me throughout this process. I can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete